Preventing avoidable Atrial Fibrillation (AF) related strokes in Primary Care An interactive case-based workshop
Sept. 9, 2017 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
University of the West of England Bristol BS34 8QZ
Part 1: Preventing an avoidable AF-related stroke
- Why is an AF-related stroke so devastating?
- How many patients in your practice have AF?
- What is the current guidance?
- Which patients are most at risk?
Part 2: Patients with AF: Who is in your waiting room and how to manage them?
- New patient presentation
- AF diagnosis
- Counselling your patient
- Documenting your consultation
- Treatment initiation and ongoing patient care
- Patients who are poorly anticoagulated
- Patients who have been exception reported
- Rapid fire round on practical issues
- Link to Site